GOPALA POLYPLAST LTD.
Gopala Polyplast Ltd (GPL) was started by the Somani Family in 1984 with one unit having installed capacity of 489 TPA of Woven Fabrics at Kadi.
In the year 1994 Company went to Public by its maiden Public Issue & diversified into Garment Accessories by putting up Woven Jacquard Labels manufacturing looms with initial capacity of 55 million pieces per annum at Santej.
During the years 1995 to 2001, Woven Sacks division expanded from 1296 to 6126 TPA and Woven Fabric / Label / Laces Expansion from 55 mln to 120 mln pieces at Santej. Since 2001 Company has started bag making operations in Silvassa.
Since then the company has undergone several expansion/ modernization plans in both of its division and today has a capacity of 18200 MTPA in its woven sacks division and weaving looms in its label division. During this period the company also commissioned the 1.024 MW Natural Gas Based captive power plants in 2005-06.